Workplace : Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (CRIUGM), in person
Number of positions to fill : 1
Shift : Jour
Starting date in the job : As soon as possible.
Salary : According to qualification
Employment status : Temporary full-time (35h) non-unionized
Duration : 1 year (renewable)
The Consortium for the Early Identification of Alzheimer’s Disease – Quebec, CIMA-Q, brings together Quebec physicians and researchers whose main objective is to identify cognitive problems more quickly and to better understand their causes, in order to identify the onset of Alzheimer’s disease as early as possible and thus develop effective therapies.
The core of the CIMA-Q project consists of a cohort followed longitudinally (for several years) of approximately 350 people aged 65 and over, with different diagnoses and distributed over several sites (Montreal, Quebec, Sherbrooke). Data from several domains (clinical, neuropsychiatric, cognitive, neuroimaging) are collected and entered into the CIMA-Q database. These data are made available to researchers who request access.
The Psychometrician will work closely with the project’s Neuropsychology Coordinator, research nurses, as well as with the cohort participants.
The position offered involves:
1-Neuropsychological test and questionnaire administration sessions (neuropsychiatry and cognition). These sessions are always in the morning and last approximately 2 to 3 hours (including preparation of the files, preparation of the material and the evaluation room).
2-Grading* of the tests and questionnaires administered. *The research professional does not have to do the data analysis. The raw data is transferred as is to the LORIS CIMA-Q database.
3- Data entry (test results) into the LORIS CIMA-Q database, uploading certain test files into LORIS, ensuring that everything is recorded in the shared tracking tables.
4- Any other related tasks that may help the project run smoothly and progress.
*A short psychometrician training is available and mandatory. You must successfully complete this training (paid) to be accredited as a CIMA-Q psychometrician.
– Bachelor’s degree in psychology/neuroscience or other related field.
– Experience administering neuropsychological tests is an asset.
– Experience in clinical research/with elderly participants is an asset.
– Good knowledge of standard computer software and tools (Excel, Word) and comfort with computer tools.
– The psychometrician may also be asked to accompany the cohort participants to their Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) visit to administer the functional task/memory test.
– Functional bilingualism in French and English, both spoken and written.
– Excellent teamwork skills.
– Flexibility, punctuality, autonomy, thoroughness, meticulousness, concern for work well done.
– Comfortable with tight deadlines.
– Comfortable working with the elderly.
– Comfortable with certain repetitive tasks.
The position is available immediately. Salary will be determined according to qualifications.
Please submit your application including resume and cover letter to Isabel Arsenault, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Level of study requested : University bachelor's degree
Written languages : french, english
Spoken languages : french, english
N'oubliez pas de joindre votre CV avec votre candidature.