What are you looking for?
Workplace : To be decided
Number of positions to fill : 1
Shift : Day
Starting date in the job : As soon as possible.
Salary : $19/hr
Employment status : Temporary part-time
Duration : 4 months
The Aging and Innovation Program at the University of Waterloo is looking for a research assistant
Project title: Factors related to going missing and getting lost incidents among persons living with dementia in Canada
Objective: This project aims to describe and identify the factors associated with missing incidents of people living with dementia.
NOTE: This RA position must be willing to work in Montreal.
Project Leader: Dr. Antonio Miguel-Cruz
Job: Research Assistant
- Support the data extraction, and preparation of statistical analyses.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Support daily activities of the project, such as meeting minutes and agendas preparation. As well as follow-up communications with partners.
- Support interactions and requirements with project partners (help to keep track of activities, deadlines, commitments, etc.).
- Help with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Track research participants and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Help in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS or any
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Electronic mail software — Microsoft Outlook
- Information retrieval or search software — Online library databases
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills / basic background is desirable.
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Bilingual (French and English)
Interested please contact Cathy Conway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Level of study requested : University bachelor's degree
Written languages : English, French
Spoken languages : English, French
N'oubliez pas de joindre votre CV avec votre candidature.