Workplace : Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (CRIUGM)
Number of positions to fill : 1
Shift : Day
Starting date in the job : As soon as possible.
Salary : Salary according to the salary scale in effect at the CRIUGM.
Employment status : Temporary part-time
Duration : 1 year (renewable)
Type of employment: Part-time or full-time
The Innovation, Technology and Cognition (INTECOG) laboratory located at CRIUGM and directed by Alexander Moreno, Ph.D. is looking for a research professional to assist him with the management of the laboratory. The INTECOG laboratory conducts studies on home support for the elderly with and without neurocognitive disorders using electronic home assistants. INTECOG collaborates with the local, national, and international industry for the completion of its scientific activities. We are looking for a motivated person who is willing to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment that values diversity.
Work with Dr. Moreno to set up the lab. This includes setting up new studies, recruiting new students, scientific and administrative management, operational aspects, and logistics of the laboratory.
• Coordinate the preparation of grant applications, revise research protocols, and participate in the development and monitoring of budgets.
• Make ethical requests and prepare inter-institutional data sharing agreements.
• Prepare accountability reports, invoicing, financial statements, and reimbursement requests.
• Participate in the creation and submission of study documentation (ethical approval requests/renewals, protocols, etc.).
• Organize and participate in the collection of data from healthy seniors, their caregivers, and clinicians, as well as people with neurocognitive disorders.
• Implement a research data management plan for the laboratory.
• Perform statistical analyzes and qualitative analyses.
• Help recruit and support laboratory students in their research activities, including support for grant applications.
• Plan and coordinate the schedule of laboratory activities and student supervision (e.g., followup of projects and students, laboratory meetings, meetings with clinical partners).
Education, experience and professional skills:
• Master’s or Doctorate in neurosciences, psychology, biomedical sciences or relevant field.
• Experience in clinical research.
• Very good knowledge of French and English (third language, an asset).
• Experience as a research assistant, management or research administration, an asset.
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS, AMOS, R…) and qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVIVO, ATLAS).
• Knowledge of reference management software (e.g., EndNote, Zotero) and experience in bibliographic research methods.
• Knowledge of a numerical programming language (e.g., Matlab, Python…), an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Great attention to detail.
• Sense of initiative;
• Team spirit.
To apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter indicating your interests and research experience, along with a CV and two
letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Level of study requested : Master's degree
Written languages : English, French
Spoken languages : English, French
N'oubliez pas de joindre votre CV avec votre candidature.